Friday, May 3, 2013

Month Twelve: Alcohol Free

I've had this blog for over 4 years now, and it's taken me that long to tackle this month's experiment.  Some of my readers may not even know that my blog started as a series of one-month lifestyle challenges.  Each month I dabbled in a new goal.  These experiments give me a reason to research and experience first-hand different ways of living.  Here's the summary:

Month One: Vegetarianism
Month Two: Shopping-Free
Month Three: Caffeine-Free
Month Four: No High Heels
Month Five: Gluten-free
Month Six: Pants-Free
Month Seven: Cell phone-Free
Month Eight: Blog-Free
Month Nine: All Things Ayurveda
Month Ten: Chi Running
Month Eleven: Finding Free

And now finally, Month Twelve: Alcohol Free.  I'm not sure why it took me this long to be willing to give up alcohol for 30 days.  It just always seemed like the wrong time.  I always have a wedding coming up, a holiday coming up, a birthday coming up, whatever.  These excuses have now taken the back seat because I recently started taking an anti-inflammatory for my knee that is really tough on the liver and kidneys.  Now I finally have a good reason to not drink.  Combining alcohol with this medication would be dangerous for my body and overall health.  I have a feeling that some interesting insights will come up this month.  Bring it on!

2 comments:

  1. I've been there girl, four whole months when Ironman training. But you know what. It wasn't that hard. Drink soda and lime from a goblet and it's almost like the real thing. Almost. Kudos to you and hope your knee feels better. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a good plan, D! Anything bubbly still feels pretty festive. Hope you're doing awesome!

    ReplyDelete