Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Service vs. Ambition

Ok, let me just say it straight.  This interview blew my mind.  I love Marie Forleo and Marianne Williamson.  To put them together is a match made in heaven.  I want to be friends with them, sip tea and learn, learn, learn.  Since that girl-crush fantasy probably won't happen today, I was equally excited to listen to this interview about Marianne's new book, The Law of Divine Compensation.



The part that struck me most was the discussion about service vs. ambition.  As I am laying the foundation for my Ayurveda Health Coach practice, it's easy for me to focus on the business side of things.  I really want to keep bringing my bottom line back to service and contribution.  If I make money, great.  My number one objective is to help people live healthy and happy lives.  That's what I want.  That's what I choose to focus on.  As Marianne says, "The Universe is an unlimited opportunity machine."  I choose to let that energy run my business and surprise me with all kinds of new experiences, people and chances to grow.  Universe, show me what you've got!

2 comments:

  1. This resonates so much Nicole. I'm in a transition period right now in life and work. I'm facing uncertainty, but also so grateful for this time and space to manifest intention. I have a big blank WORD document before me! It's great. You're great. Thanks for holding such light and love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lu, I'm so glad this interview resonated with you. On your birthday, to boot! Happy Birthday!!! I know that transitions can be scary with so much ambiguity, but you always find your way to shine. Let the big dreams flow! I'm rooting for you and sending you tons of love!

    ReplyDelete