Monday, March 22, 2010

Viva Las Vegas!


The second day of this experiment was spent entirely in Las Vegas.  Sin City is not the best place to keep any kind of resolution.  After ordering decaf coffee with lunch, passing Diet Coke for tonic mixers, I succumbed to temptation.  The "forbidden factor" I experienced during my month of vegetarianism popped up again in a different form.  After some drinks, Red Bull just became ridiculously appealing.  I never drink Red Bull when I'm sober.  But when out, dancing, around friends, it seems like a magical all-night potion.  Long story short, I cheated.

There is one bright side to being caffeine-free in Las Vegas...Your brain is so fried from the alcohol, you don't really notice any caffeine withdrawl effects.  That blurry headache would be there regardless.  Bloody Marys were my treatment of choice.  The honest truth is that I don't regret my slip-ups....they make the stories, make life exciting.  I rather try and fail than stay on the sidelines.  Perfection is overrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment