Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Vegetarian Threat= Pubs

If the best place for a vegetarian-experimenter is the yoga studio, then the worst place is a pub with friends.  The friends offer alcohol and distractions that are usually welcome.  At the Nickerson Street Saloon on Sunday, the entertainment was good, but the health benefits were low.  I finally decided to order a breakfast burrito, but was so embarrassed by my loud, drunk friends, I forgot to mention to hold the ham and bacon.  The enormous block of burrito came to the table with a thud.  All six of us plowed in and I tried my best to avoid the chunks of meat.  I'm sure I ingested some. 




The truth is that I don't really care about the meat; I just want to succeed at the experiment.  Obvious lesson of the day: environment makes a huge impact on health/eating choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment