Monday, November 12, 2012

Reflecting Back

One of the best things about having a blog is being able to look back at your journey.  This morning I was reading one of my all time favorite posts called Transformation and realized how far I've come.  At that time in my life (February 2011) I so inspired and lit up with possibility.  I was working on my National Boards and preparing for Seagal tryouts, both scary and overwhelming endeavors. Reflecting back, most of my best experiences in life have been the ones that scared me the most.  I had considered leaving teaching because I was so intimidated by National Boards.  Seagal tryouts were so far outside my comfort zone that I felt like I was tapping into a new side of my personality.  By allowing myself to chase scary dreams, I was able to expand and learn so much about myself.  A year and a half later, I sit here with a beautiful National Board Teaching Certificate.  I didn't make the Seagals that year, but I would not take back the experience for anything.  I was definitely guided in the right direction.  Shortly after, Kevin came into my life.  With his support, I entered the Ayurveda Wellness Counselor program.  Each goal that feels massive in the moment has been a stepping stone showing me the way.  Going to teach in Colombia lead me back home and into a career I love.  Going to Bali lead me to deeper meditation and Ayurveda.  Now I'm reconnecting with my inspired dreamer mindset.  I want to continuously live in that enchanted place of wonder.  There is so much life to live, and I refuse to limit myself in my own mind.  After finishing Half the Sky, I'm feeling called to explore other ways to serve women.  It doesn't seem like a coincidence that the Bill and Mary Gates Foundation is in my backyard.  It is time to play big and co-create with the Universe!



"We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?  Actually, who are you not to be?... Your playing small does not serve the world."  -Marianne Williamson

No comments:

Post a Comment