Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I'm Accessorizing

Sometimes a girl needs a few accessories.  This week I splurged on new running shoes and knee-high green socks for the St. Patty's Day Dash. 

These may not sound like extravagant luxuries, but the small things make a big difference.  The idea of sparkling, new shoes makes me want to rush home and break them in.  I can already imagine myself dashing down the streets of Capitol Hill, grinning as I catch a glimpse of my shoes in the storefront windows.  The restaurants and bars on Broadway can't tempt me when I'm wearing new shoes.  I smile at fellow runners as we cruise around Volunteer Park.  In my new shoes.  Yes, I can see it now...

That's the best motivation that money can buy.  If that's all it takes to keep me running, then I'll consider it an investment.  My comfy feet, splint-less shins and healthy knees will thank me.  In new shoes.

1 comment: