Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Breaking My Own Rules

I'm changing the rules.  The one-month experiment feels restricting and rushed, so I'm extending it.  Sometimes I impose rules on myself that don't actually exist anywhere except in my own mind.  How to act, how to eat, what to say, what to wear, how to be a responsible teacher/daughter/friend... the list goes on and on.  It's so freeing to let go of the pressure I put on myself.  My blog is one small place where I can adjust the rules however I want, so here I go.

I'm still reading my Chi Running book and experimenting with new techniques and exercises.  I don't want to move on yet.  Stacy and I are running the St Patty's Day Dash on March 13th.  I just registered online and have this new challenge in my sights.  The website has a clock counting down the days, hours, minutes, seconds until the race.  I have 38 days to get ready.  38 more days of the Chi Running experiment.  38 days to break in new running shoes, 38 days to try out tips from my book, and 38 days to find cute green legwarmers to go with our little shorts and shamrock necklaces.  This is a timeline that feels more like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment