Sunday, June 20, 2010

This weather isn't helping

I thought this was supposed to be June!  Everyone is crying out about the terrible, grey, wet weather. 

While they bellyache, I scan my closet for my turtleneck sweater dress and leggings.  Add a scarf and some galoshes, and I'm good to go.  Sheesh.  This month I had envisioned frolicking in light cotton dresses around beautiful parks with fountains bubbling in the background.  Instead I hear the swish of rain water under tires and drops pattering on the roof.  Despite the dreary weather, I did take my dog for a nice long walk in my sweater dress...with grey sweatpants underneath, an old fleece jacket and hiking boots.  Wow, what a look that must have been!  It's a good thing I don't know any of my parents' neighbors or I might have considering feeling embarrassed about my crazy outfit.  Just call me the kooky dress lady from now on.

photo courtesy of David J. Nightingale

No comments:

Post a Comment