Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Blog Under Construction

Pardon the dust... I am in the process of restructuring my blog.  The monthly experiments no longer inspire me, so I'm refreshing my focus.  Instead of a disjointed, short-term experiment, I'm now interested in diving deeply into the topics that most intrigue me, namely naturopathic medicine, yoga, meditation, kirtan, cooking and creating a balanced lifestyle.  My job as a teacher provides me enough free time to explore these areas and process my learning through writing.  For that I'm very thankful.

Last Friday I attended a campus tour and presentation at Bastyr University called "the Bastyr Experience."  As I drove through the entrance, surrounded by lush trees and fresh air, I knew I was on to something good.  That day I learned more about the Naturopath program.  They define naturopathic medicine (sometimes called "naturopathy") as a distinct system of primary health care that emphasizes prevention and the self-healing process through the use of natural therapies. Naturopathic doctors (NDs) blend centuries-old knowledge and a philosophy that nature is the most effective healer with current research on health and human systems.


Effectively, I'm considering going to med school.  This possibility is blowing my mind.  The program, campus, doctors, philosophy and career possibilities speak to me.  In order to create a venue for my own learning and growth around this dream, I'm dedicating my blog to my many mini-steps that will lead me down this path.  Join me as I remove my own internal obstacles and doubts to consider this dream as a real possibility for my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment