Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Success!

My extended month of Chi Running was a success. Injury-free running has become part of my regular life. I ran the St. Patty’s Day Dash with Stacy and finished the 3.5 miles at a strong pace. Not even the rain, constant people-dodging nor slight inclines could stop us. We were determined to finish, and I feel so grateful that I have such a supportive and motivating running buddy. Being able to talk and share this hobby with a friend makes a solitary activity more enjoyable and long-lasting.



Although I haven’t finished the Chi Running book, I know I’ll use it as a resource in the future. I am interested in attending a Chi Running workshop with an expert to further learn and correct the techniques. It turns out that there is a half day workshop (12-4) on April 17th, 2011 at Gasworks Park. Below is the class description.

Class Format: The Chi Running Essentials workshop includes four hours of instruction in a single 1/2 day course. The Instructor will be guiding you through many exercises and drills designed to leave you with a clear sense of what the Chi Running® technique feels like in your body. We will not be doing lots of running (contrary to what you might imagine), so no matter what condition you are in, have no fear. We will spend time alternating between demonstrations, fun exercises and technique drills...the nature of the day will be relaxed, full and inspiring.

As I move forward with my running and my experiments with truth, I know I will build on the knowledge and experience I established this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment